FAQ | Can't find what you're looking for?

Browse our frequently asked questions below.

How to get admission in a UK University?

UK degrees are normally shorter than in other countries: three- year UG and a one-year Master’s. The academic sessions in the UK universities usually begin in the months of September and October. The application procedure starts in October of the previous year. For example, if a student who wants to join a course in 2021, he or she needs to apply in October 2020. The application deadline is usually March. It could be extended till June end for international students. Students can either directly apply to their university of choice or apply through the local office of the university and student consultant agency like “Academic Education” in their countries. For undergraduate studies, you can apply online or through the Universities and Colleges Admissions System (UCAS) while for postgraduate studies you can apply online.
* A complete application for admission to a university includes:
* CV
* Academic and professional transcripts
* Two to three academic references
* A Statement of Purpose or Research proposal.
* Some universities also accept GRE and GMAT scores.
* IELTS score.

What are the popular courses in UK?

Some of the popular courses for international students include
Arts & Design
Communications & Marketing
Computing & IT
Finance & Banking
Health and Social Care science
Teaching & Education
Transport & Logistics
PHD and etc.
Some international students are also taking courses in waste
management and environmental sciences

What documents do I need to submit with my application for the UK?

When you submit your application we’ll need copies of your academic transcripts, and a UKVI approved IELTS test may be required for some courses. Read more about UKVI IELTS or contact us for more details. The test must have been taken within the last two years prior to the start date of your intended academic programme. For most English Language programmes, you’ll just need to provide your IELTS UKVI certificate. For General English courses you’ll need to provide a copy of your passport.

How long is the processing time for getting the offer and CAS

It depends on the University. Usually 1(one) Week to Up to 4 (Four) Weeks.

How do I accept an offer?

Accepting your place is easy! Even if you hold a conditional place on a course you can still accept your offer. If, for any reason, you don’t meet your conditions, you’ll receive a refund with no cancellation charges payable. To accept your place, just complete and sign the acceptance form University included with your offer letter and return the form along with your deposit. Your deposit is part of your total payment which usually includes deposits for the tuition fee You can find the required deposit amount in your offer letter. Your offer letter will explain your different payment options. If you are a sponsored student, (a student that receives financial assistance from a government, organisation or company,) you’ll only be required to pay a deposit for items not provided by your sponsorship, such as accommodation. If you have any questions about your offer, your course, accommodation, or anything else please contact us or your education counsellor.

What is an International Foundation in the UK?

An International Foundation programme is designed to help when you don’t meet the requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate degree programme. You’ll also adapt to the education system at a British university and improve your English language skills.

What is International Year One in the UK?

International Year One (sometimes called an International Diploma) is equivalent to the first year of a UK undergraduate degree (or second year at Scottish universities). It will prepare you for second year-entry to your chosen university degree programme (third year if you are studying at a Scottish university). You’ll develop your study skills, English language, and subject knowledge, ready for university study. You’ll also receive support from our friendly staff to complete your UCAS application to your chosen degree programme.

What is a Graduate Diploma in the UK?

A Graduate Diploma in the UK is a pre-master’s course. It will prepare you for a master’s degree in the UK. You’ll learn about postgraduate study, covering areas such as research skills, English language skills, group work and effective time management. You’ll also benefit from guidance on personal and academic development. (Note: In the US, this type of program is called a graduate Pathway, which guarantees your progression to full degree status and usually allows you to earn credits toward your master’s degree.)

How long does it take to complete a degree in the UK?

Normally, it will take you three years to complete a standard undergraduate degree (four years in Scotland). A master’s degree normally takes a year, and a PhD takes three years.

Can I arrive early or late?

In the UK, you should arrive two days before your course start date. If you’re late, you may miss classes and important induction events.

How do I arrange an airport pick-up?

We can arrange for a taxi to meet you upon arrival at the airport. To book a pickup, please complete the arrival details form and return it to the ACACDEMIC EDUCATION Office for your chosen University at least seven days before you arrive.

How can I open a bank account in the UK?

You can open a bank account in the UK after you arrive and register at your study centre. You’ll need your student enrolment letter in order to open a student bank account.

What English language courses are available in the UK?

We offer several academic English courses in the UK: Academic English (AE), General English and Pre-sessional English courses. With Academic English, you’ll learn about the language and gain the study skills needed for successful academic study at university. Pre-sessional English will help you if you hold an offer from a university for an undergraduate or postgraduate course and are academically qualified, but want to improve your English. It focuses on academic English and general study skills.

What Secure English Test should I take if I want to study in the UK?

If you’d like to study in the UK, you may need to take an IELTS Academic for UKVI to show your English language ability in order to apply for a Tier 4 Student visa. All students applying for a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, at below degree level, must provide an appropriate IELTS Academic for UKVI with their visa application.

What are TEF quality standards for UK University?

The Teaching Excellence Framework is a government-backed assessment of undergraduate teaching quality across higher education institutions in England, and some institutions in Scotland and Wales. The awards are decided by an independent TEF Panel of experts including academics, students and employer representatives. The provider’s undergraduate teaching is assessed against ten criteria that cover the areas of teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes. A provider taking part in the TEF is awarded: gold for delivering consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK silver for delivering high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It consistently exceeds rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education bronze for delivering teaching, learning and outcomes for its students that meet rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education provisional where it meets rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education, and is taking part in the TEF, but does not yet have sufficient data to be fully assessed. The provider may be fully assessed in future when it has sufficient data.

For further information please visit: www.hefce.ac.uk/TEFoutcomes

Is IELTS required for UK?

Not having to take a SELT does not mean you will not have to take any English language test to come and study in the UK. English language proficiency is a requirement for university admission, and universities will require other English test scores (such as academic IELTS).

What is the Minimum IELTS bands need for Study in UK?

If you are interested to study in the UK. So, I have some information to share with you guys that you are asking about IELTS score. For UK student visa you may require a minimum 5.5 bands of IELTS for undergraduate program and 6.5 for the postgraduate study otherwise you are unable to get VISA.

Is IELTS 5.5 bands eligible for UK?

Yes, you can apply for study visa in UK after securing 5.5 band in IELTS examination. To apply for UK Study visa, you should have secured admission in any of the UK university for pursuing your higher studies.

Is 6.5 A good score in IELTS for UK?

You are allowed to take admissions in UK universities only if you have scored 6.5 or more than 6.5 IN IELTS test. The minimum IELTS score for Admission IN any UK college/university is 5 for foundation course and 6.5 for undergraduate as well as post graduate courses.

Does PTE is easier than IELTS?

My personal opinion says PTE as an exam is tougher than IELTS. But, at the same time, scoring in PTE is much more reliable and easier than IELTS. … Since PTE is computer based test, the chances of human bias while scoring is almost negligible

Can we go to UK without IELTS?

UK Universities where IELTS is not required. Want to study in the UK but couldn’t make it to the IELTS. In present times many universities are allowing admissions without an IELTS scores, although it is recommended for a better education experience.

Can I apply to UK universities without IELTS?

Yes, you can study in UK without IELTS. Here we present the list of Universities in UK without IELTS. There are foundation courses and other ways to prove your proficiency apart from IELTS. In some cases, you are not required to appear for anything based on their previous education

What are the major scholarships for international students in UK?

While most of the universities have their own bursaries, students can also benefit from a wide range of scholarships available to international students studying in the UK. Some of them are:
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan- It is offered under the below mentioned courses in the UK.
Doctoral Degree up to three years duration
One Year Taught Master’s Course
Six months of Clinical Training
The scholarship is fully funded and offers tuition fee, living andtravel expenses.
Commonwealth Scholarships- Commonwealth is an annual scholarship applicable to students from Commonwealth
countries. It has a variety of scholarships under it and students can pursue Masters as well as doctoral studies. Besides, it is also available in the form of a fellowship. Chevening Scholarships- With a variety of scholars from different backgrounds, Chevening Scholarship offers a plethora of opportunities to both students and professionals with outstanding talent in fields, including media, economy, politics, Information Technology, culture and so on.

I have an EU passport; will I need a VISA to study in the UK?

No, you won’t need a visa to study in the UK. Although the UK recently voted to leave the EU, this will have no effect for at least two years. Please contact us for further details.

Will I need any medical documents for my visa application?

Students from some countries are required to provide a TB certificate.

Where do I apply for a Tier 4 visa?

Applications can be made online for Tier 4 visas via the UK Government’s website.

How to get UK student visa?

Despite being in the tight spot for a stringent visa process, the British High Commission stands by the statement that legitimate students will get their UK student visa and can be confident they will study at a high quality educational institution. In order to pursue your education in UK, you will be required to apply – For a Tier 4 (General) student visa if your duration for study is more than 6 months Student visitor visa if your duration for study is 6 months or less

What are the work-during-study opportunities?

Students in UK have the opportunity of working for 20 hours per week.

What is Tier 4 visa to study in the UK?

The UK operates a points-based immigration system underpinned by the principle of visa sponsorship. A Tier 4 visa is issued to study in the UK. The sponsor for Tier 4 purposes is the educational institution where the student will study. The visa is issued for a particular course at the institution.

Is UK student visa easy to get?

UK Student Visa (Tier 4) Requirements. International students from outside the UK or EU must apply for a student visa. You can only apply for a student visa if you intend to study a full-time degree course in the UK. Student visas are not issued for part-time courses.

Does UK student visa get rejected?

The UK is still an outstanding study destination, but given its current political climate, it’s imperative that you pay extra attention to the visa application process so you don’t receive an unnecessary rejection. This is obvious enough, but cannot be understated

How much of a gap is acceptable in studies for a UK visa?

There is no specific issue with a gap in studies, unless it highlights any concerns about your credibility.

Can I get PR in UK after study?

Getting Employed: After completion of a degree, UK welcomes international students to work there. Students can apply for a job of their liking. The visa requirements for permanent working in the UK is a Tier-2 Visa

How long can you stay in UK after study?

International students are currently only permitted to remain in the UK for up to four months after completing their studies under rules that were introduced by Theresa May when she was the Home Secretary

Can I stay in the UK after my student visa expires?

Your Tier 4 or short term student visa will have an end date. You have legal permission to stay in the UK until that date. You must arrange to leave the UK, or make an application to extend your stay, before your visa expires

Can I extend my UK student visa?

If you are in the UK on Tier 4, you can only apply to extend your visa from inside the UK if: If you have not obtained the qualification, you will need to apply for your new visa from outside the UK. your new course start date is less than 28 days after your current visa expiry date

How long can Tier 4 students stay in UK?

A Tier 4 visa will be valid for the duration of your Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree and for a further 4 (four) months after you complete your course. You can use this extra time to look for work or apply for further study.

Is It easy to get job in UK?

The job market in the UK: According to the Office for National Statistics, there are just over 3.5 million non-UK nationals working in the UK. … It’s easier to get a job if you don’t need a work permit. It is relatively easy to get part time or casual jobs but the pay will be a lot lower.

Can I bring my family to UK on student visa?

Some Tier 4 students are eligible to bring family to the UK as a visa dependant. The following provides guidance on which students are eligible to bring dependants, who can come as a dependant and how to apply for the visa. … You are a government sponsored student on a full-time course that is 6 months or longer

Can you marry in the UK on a student visa?

Yes, it is possible to switch from a Tier 4 Student Visa to a Spouse Visa after getting married or entering a Civil Partnership in the UK. … As long as you have been in a relationship for the eligible amount of time and of course are married or in a Civil Partnership, then you will be eligible to apply for a Spouse Visa.

What is a CAS Letter?

A CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) letter is an electronic document issued by the university in support of your application for a student visa. … The letter includes details such as your personal details, course of study, study duration and a unique CAS number.

When should I make my Tier 4 (General) visa application?

The earliest time you can make your Tier 4 visa application is three (3) months before the start date of your course as stated in your CAS. If you submit your visa application earlier than this time, it will be refused by the UK Home Office. If you leave your application too late, you could miss your start date. You should therefore prepare all the necessary documents so that you can make your visa application as soon as you are eligible.

How much money will I need to show for a successful Tier 4 (General) visa application?

As part of the Tier 4 visa application process you will be required to score 10 points for your maintenance (funds). You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to enough money to pay for your tuition fees for the first year of your studies plus an amount to cover your living costs. This is what is generally referred to as the ‘maintenance test’. The amount to cover your living costs is fixed by the UK Immigration Rules. For students studying at the Outside of London, it is fixed at £9,135. The amount you will need to demonstrate show to pass the ‘maintenance test’ depends on the length of your programme. Please see the table below:

Length Of Program Maintenance (Funds) Needed
9 or More Months Tuition fees for your course as stated on your CAS + £1015 per month (up to £9135)
Less than 9 MonthsLess than 9 Months Tuition fees for your courses as stated on your CAS +
£1,015 per month/part months of your studies up to £9,135

The amount you need to show can either be demonstrated in UK Pound Sterling (GBP) or any recognised world currency. If you are using a currency other than GBP, you must convert the amount into GBP and write the equivalent amount on your application. The UK Home Office use the following website for currency conversion: www.oanda.com/convert/classic

If converting from any currency to GBP, we advise you be aware of fluctuations in currency and to maintain some extra funds above the required amount to cover any fluctuations in currency.

Can I pay tuition-in installments?

Deferred payment plans, also known as instalment plans, are a convenience to help you manage college expenses. Instead of paying your college bill for a semester or quarter at once, you pay in monthly instalments. Most plans do not charge interest if you pay by check or direct deposit

How do I know how much money I will have to show to the UK Home Office for my Tuition Fees?

Your CAS will state your tuition fees for the first year of your course. If your course is 12 months or less, your CAS will state the total tuition fees for the course.

You must show the UK Home Office that you have enough money to pay all the tuition fees as stated on your CAS letter plus your living costs, for a successful visa application.

If you have already paid a tuition fee deposit, the amount that you have paid will be stated on your CAS. You can deduct this from the total amount you need to show to pass the ‘maintenance test’. You will therefore need to show the UK Home Office that you have the balance of your tuition fees plus £9,135. You must ensure that your CAS shows any payments you have made to the University towards your fees or accommodation. Once you have made your visa application your CAS cannot be updated.

EXAMPLE: If your tuition fee stated on your CAS is £10,700 and you have already paid a tuition fee deposit of £3,000 to the University you must show that the remaining £7,700 for your tuition fees plus the required living costs of £9,135 is available to you.

£7,700 outstanding tuition fees + £9,135 living costs = £16,835.

If I make payments towards accommodation will this be taken into consideration?

If you have made a payment for University accommodation before making your visa application, you can use some of the money as evidence that you meet the financial living costs requirement. You can show University accommodation payments, up to a maximum of £1,265, as evidence of your maintenance and this will be deducted from your living costs. Even if you have paid more than £1,265 towards your accommodation, the UK Home Office will only deduct £1,265 from your living costs (£9,135) and you will have to show £7,870 towards your living costs.

We can only put money paid towards University accommodation on your CAS. If you have paid for private accommodation, we will not be able to put this on your CAS.

EXAMPLE 1: Kate’s tuition fee for her course is £10,700. She has paid £3,000 towards her tuition fees and £250 towards her University accommodation. To pass the maintenance test, Kate must show the UK Home Office that she has £16,585.

Tuition Fees – £10,700 – £3,000 = £7,700

Living Costs – £9,135 – £250 = £8,885 £7,700 + £8,885=£16,585 EXAMPLE 2: Jonathan’s tuition fee for his course is £10,700. He has paid £3,000 towards his tuition fees and £3,000 towards his University accommodation. To pass the maintenance test, Jonathan must show the UK Home Office that he has £15,570.

Tuition Fees – £10,700 – £3,000 = £7,700 Living Costs – £9,135 – £1,265 = £7,870 £7,700 + £6,380= £15,570

If I pay all my tuition fees before my CAS is issued, will this result in a more successful visa application?

Pre-payment of all tuition fees does not guarantee a successful visa application. It only reduces the amount you have to show to pass the ‘maintenance test’. Your visa application will be decided on all the evidence you provide.

How can I show evidence of the required maintenance funds?

The Tier 4 policy guidance gives full explanation of the documents required and what these documents must confirm. You should read this information carefully. The Tier 4 policy guidance can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/294895/T4_- _v17.0_EXT.pdf

You can show evidence of funds in any of the following ways. It is possible to combine two methods. 1. Your Own Bank Statements If you are sponsoring yourself for your studies and will be using your own money for your visa application, you must provide a bank statement or letter from your bank confirming that you have held the required amount for at least 28 continuous days. The statement or letter must meet ALL of the following 5 requirements: 1. It must show that you have had AT LEAST the required amount of money (tuition fees + living costs) in your bank account every day for a continuous period of at least 28 days. The balance must not fall below this amount at any time during the continuous 28-day period, otherwise your application will be refused 2. It must include the date of the statement or letter. This date must be within 1 month of your date of application. If after one month of receiving the documents from your bank you have not made your visa application, the documents will be out of date and you must not use them to make your visa application. If you make your visa application using out-of-date documents, your visa application will be refused. You must get new documents from your bank. 3. Your name must be included. You can use more than one bank account in your name. You can use a joint bank account where you are one of the account holders named on the statement. 4. It must show the account number. 5. The statement or letter must include the financial institution’s name and logo

Evidence must be cash funds in a regular current or savings account. Salary, credit card account statements, stocks, share portfolios, property value or other noncash assets such as a government pension scheme cannot be used. The most commonly accepted evidence is an official bank statement which covers a period of at least 28 days, ending within a month of the date of the application. Alternatively, a purposewritten letter on the letter headed paper of your bank confirming that the required amount of money has been held in your account over 28 days is also accepted. Bank statements from an online bank account must meet the 5 requirements AND be stamped on each page by the bank. The evidence you provide can be issued from the bank in your home country or the UK if you have retained the required amount in your account in the UK Some banks are accepted by the UK Home Office for visa purposes. For the list of accepted banks in each country, please refer to the UK Home Office website:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/281261/Immigra tion_Rules_-_Appendix_P.pdf

2. Parent(s) or Legal Guardian(s) Bank Statements If your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) is sponsoring your studies and you will be using their bank account statements for your application, the 5 requirements above still apply as if you are using your own bank statements except that the bank statements will be in the name of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s). In this case, you must also send the following with your visa application:

Your original birth certificate or an adoption certificate or official court documents which confirm parental or legal guardian status; and A signed letter from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) which confirms your relationship to them and that the funds are to be used for your education in the UK; and

Official translations of any documents that are not in English or Welsh Only your biological parent(s) or legal guardian(s) (through a court of law or formal adoption procedures in your country) are eligible to be considered for ‘parental’ sponsorship. You cannot use finance evidence which belongs to any other family relatives or friends.

Bank statements from an online bank account must meet the 5 requirements AND be stamped on each page by the bank.

  1. Official Financial Sponsorship If you will receive sponsorship from an official financial sponsor – such as the UK government, your national government, an international scholarship organisation, an international university or company, you must provide an original letter which includes the following:

Your name; and

The name and contact details of your official financial sponsor; and

The date of the letter (this must be less than 6 months old on the date of your application; and

The length of your sponsorship; and

The amount of money the sponsor is giving to you or a statement that your official sponsor will cover all of your fees and living cost.

4. Student Loans If you receive student loans from a student loan organisation or bank in your country, you need to provide a letter which confirms the details of the loan. Page 33 of the Tier 4 policy Guidance provides detailed information on what information the letter should contain. If the loan only makes up part of the required finance, the remainder will have to be in your account so that there is evidence of enough funds for both the tuition fee and living costs for the visa application.

  • Timing Although you cannot apply for your visa more than three months before the start date of your course, you must ensure that you do not leave it too late as you could miss the start of your course. Also remember there will be a time limit on how quickly you can travel to the UK.
  • Original documents You must submit only original documents with your visa application, including your passport. Photocopies or scanned copies of academic or financial documents are not permitted. If you do not use original documents, your visa application will be refused.
  • Apply for your visa in your home country You must make your Tier 4 visa application from your home country or your country of normal residence. If you travel to another country, for example on holidays, before making your Tier 4 visa application, you must return to your home country or your country of normal residence to make your visa application. There are no exceptions.
  • Do not apply for your visa unless you meet the requirements You should read all Tier 4 (General) visa requirements carefully. If you do not score all the points, your visa will be refused. You will lose the application fee and have a visa refusal on your record.
  • Fluctuations in currency We recommend that you maintain some extra funds above the required amount to cover any fluctuations in currency which may occur during the time your Tier 4 (General) visa application is made. In order to receive a CAS from the UK University  you will be required to show the equivalent of £200 extra (plus the required living costs and outstanding tuition fees) in your account for the full 28 day period, to allow for currency fluctuations.
  • Your visa your responsibility Although we have provided this guidance to help you prepare for your Tier 4 (general) visa, please remember that your visa application is your responsibility. You therefore need to ensure that you have read all the information provided as well as the full Tier 4 (general) policy guidance which can be found on the Home Office website